Wacom is the best known and most mature name in dedicated drawing tablets and Displays. Wacom products are typically on the high end of the price scale, but they offer the best performance and sensitivity, as well as quality drivers and software that make their products a joy to use.
Art & Design supports all devices that use the most most recent Wacom drivers; current drivers are installed, and ready for use. It's a long list!
Wacom's Centiq line are external displays that are driven by a connected computer.
Art & Design Supported Displays:
- All recent model Centiq pen displays
Wacom's Intuos line includes drawing tablets WITHOUT displays. Plug in the tablet's USB to the computer you want to work on.
Art & Design Supported Tablets:
- All recent model Intuos pen tablets
- Previous generation Bamboo tablets**
**Recently Wacom transformed their Bamboo product line into smart pads (paper note taking tools) that are not designed for art creation. Older Bamboo tablets were entry level/consumer drawing tablets. Most previous Bamboo pen tablets are supported by Art & Design; the software and drivers are installed are ready for students to plug in their older Bamboos (including: Create, Capture, Connect, Splash, Bamboo CTL, Bamboo CTH).
- Wacom sets the standard in drawing input devices. Higher up-front cost is offset by quality hardware and likelihood of great product life span.
- There are no batteries to fuss with (in most products).
- Wacom has the best support in the industry, as well as support drivers and software. Lower-end brands often have mediocre (or worse) support, drivers, and software...and updates are less consistent, increasing risk of driver compatibility issue.